Workshop on Diplomatic Protocol in Geneva
Specific Target Audience:
Duration of event:
Event focal point email:
Other events details:
The registration is closed
Representatives of governments and from other bodies such as international and non-governmental organizations must be able to comfortably and professionally operate in a multilateral environment, whether for a work-related social or conference event setting. Understanding and studying the code of conduct and formal rules enables the diplomat and professional to more effectively do his or her job, and thus achieve their institutional objectives. In this context, diplomatic protocol remains a basic necessity of a diplomatic representative or professional.
By the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
• List and define UN Guidelines on Diplomatic Courtesy;
• Understand the specificities of protocol and etiquette in Geneva;
• Perform their duties in a more professional manner;
• Know how to react to commonly experienced protocol-related situations.
Content and Structure
The workshop's structure is defined as follows:
Day 1, 9 May 2012
• Welcome, introduction and workshop’s objectives
• Meaning of the Protocol in the diplomatic world
• Visit at the Geneva International Airport
Day 2, 10 May 2012
• Practical exercises on Protocol
• Debriefing and discussion
The course will include the following elements:
• Explanation of the specificities of Geneva;
• Presentation of the Swiss, Geneva and UN protocol rules;
• Practical exercises and study of interesting cases;
• Visit of the facilities of Geneva International Airport for the arrival of “High Ranking Personalities".
This course is open to members of Permanent Missions and delegates of Ministries of Foreign Affairs and other government officials; international civil servants, representatives of international, intergovernmental, and non-governmental organizations and university students and professors . In addition senior managers from the private sector are equally invited to benefit from this unique workshop.
- Public - by registration
- Public - by application
- Private - by invitation
- Open to register/apply
Mode of Delivery