Beneficiaries up 33% in 2010
The Institute reached out to 23,688 beneficiaries in 2010, representing a 33 percent increase from 2009. This figure is inclusive of all types of events, from training and training related courses and workshops to meetings, conferences, lectures and other “out-reach” type of events.
Face-to-face training or training-related events accounted for 38 per cent of beneficiaries, as did conferences, meetings and side-events, while e-courses accounted for 9 per cent. The Institute’s high-profile Geneva Lecture Series (GLS) accounted for 15 per cent of all beneficiaries.
Almost a third of beneficiaries in training and training- related activities were from Africa (29 per cent), followed by Asia and Pacific (23 per cent) and the Latin American and Caribbean countries (16 per cent). Europe and staff from international organization accounted for 13 per cent and 10 per cent of beneficiaries, respectively. Middle East represented 7 per cent and North America 2 per cent of participants in 2010. For its training and training-related events, the Institute recorded an overall 60:40 male-female gender ratio.
e-course up some 25% from 2009
368 events took place in 2010, marking a 6 per cent increase over 2009 figures. e-Learning courses and webinars accounted for 22 per cent and 2 per cent of all events respectively, with e-courses increasing by 25 per cent over 2009. Face-to-face and other (e.g. blended and distance learning - DL) events represent the remaining 75 per cent and 1 per cent of 2010 events, respectively.
90 per cent of participants satisfied
A total of 45 per cent of events from six reporting divisions reported on participant satisfaction and learning assessment methods. Specifically, results from the administration of questionnaires point to a high level of participant satisfaction. Based on information collected, an average of 90 per cent of respondents agreed or strongly agreed (ratings 4 or 5) that the information presented was new, the content was relevant to their job, and that it was likely they would use the information acquired in the event.
In addition to existing wide-spread use of post tests in e-courses, learning assessment methods used in face-to- face training or training related events are growing in number and diversity. These methods include other forms of testing, self-assessment, observation and simulation.
16 Sep 2014
05 Sep 2014
02 Sep 2014
- 1 of 195