Thailand to hold nanotechnology workshop as part of national pilot project
Bangkok, Thailand, 7 March 2012 – The National Nanotechnology Center (NANOTEC) of Thailand and UNITAR signed in late 2011 a joint agreement to promote training and capacity building for the development of a nano-safety pilot project in Thailand, financially supported by the Government of Switzerland. The 18-month project will include the following activities:
- Establishment of a Nano Safety Project Committee to support coordination efforts
- Project inception and nano awareness raising workshop
- Developing a national nano safety assessment
- Developing elements of a national nano safety policy
- Targeted nano safety training
- Project Endorsement Workshop
It is expected that initial results and lessons learned from the project will be presented to the third session of the International Conference on Chemicals Management (ICCM-3) in September 2012.
NANOTEC will be holding a project inception workshop on 27 March 2012 to discuss this emerging technology with regard to a strategic nano-safety plan, as well as developing a nanosafety roadmap.
For further information on NANOTEC, please visit their website at http://www.nanotec.or.th/en/.
14 Nov 2013
19 Jun 2013
05 Dec 2012
- 1 de 62