Accueil › UNITAR/UNEP e-Course - Introduction to a Green Economy: Concepts and Applications ›
UNITAR/UNEP e-Course - Introduction to a Green Economy: Concepts and Applications
The concept of a green economy is receiving increasing international attention, as countries explore new patterns of development that take into account economic, social and environmental sustainability considerations. The recent UN Conference on Sustainable Development (Rio+20), June 2012, reaffirmed the role of a green economy in achieving sustainable development.
In order to provide interested stakeholders from government, business, civil society and academia with an introduction to the green economy concept the United Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) and the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) are offering an interactive e-learning course from 8 October to 30 November 2012.
Participants will learn about different concepts and facets of the green economy, as well as global, national and sector-specific challenges and opportunities to advance low-carbon, resource efficient and socially inclusive development. Additionally, participants will begin to develop basic skills for applying the green economy concept in a real world economic, policy and/or personal context.
Learning Methodology and Activities
The course pedagogy is adapted to professionals in full-time work. Participants are provided with the opportunity to learn through various experiences: absorb (read); do (activity); interact (socialize); and reflect (relate to one’s own reality). The total number of learning hours is 40 over an 8 week period. During weeks 1-5 the reading of an e-book is complemented by a range of learning activities and experiences that include interactive exercises, discussion forums, and an applied case study. Weeks 6-8 are reserved for wrap-up and completing course assignments.
- Assessment tests appraise the comprehension of the key facts and concepts at the end of each module.
- Discussion forums foster interaction and reflection on a specific issue selected by the course moderator or course participants. Contributions will be directly posted in an online forum where they are available to all students.
- An applied case study provides participants with the opportunity to apply the green economy concept in the framework of a real world situation. Participants will identify the problem context, relevant issues, define appropriate measures, and develop a green action plan for a particular setting. Each case study is peer-reviewed by a group of course participants.
Registration and Additional Information
Please contact the UNITAR Environmental Governance Programme for details about fellowships and course registration at email@example.com. Additional information is also available in the Course Brochure (Click here to access the Brochure).
To register please visit our Online Event Section.
Certificate of Completion
A Certificate of Completion will be issued by UNITAR to all participants who complete the course-related assignments and assessments successfully.
Access to internet is an essential condition for participation. UNITAR also recommends the following as a minimum in hardware and software to take our e-Learning courses:
- Platform: Windows 95, 98, 2000, NT, ME, XP or superior; MacOS 9 or MacOS X; Linux
- Hardware: 64 MB of RAM, 1 GB of free disk space
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Adobe Flash Player
- Microsoft Office (Windows or Mac) or Open Office
- Browser: Internet Explorer 7 or higher or Firefox 3.6 or higher
- Modem: 56 K
Les dernières nouvelles