Web content management and online communication internship
Organizational Unit: Communication and Information Technology Support Section
Duration: 6 months, starting as soon as possible
Duty Station: Geneva, Switzerland
Title: Intern, Web content management and online communication
Area of Specialization: website content management, online communication, social media, graphic design
Fee: N/A - this is a non-remunerated position
To assist UNITAR in implementing its communication strategy and work plan, especially using online tools such as website, e-Newsletter, and social media platforms, by performing successful update through relevant editing and innovative communication instruments and producing quality online contents.
Overview of responsibilities:
- Assist in drafting and editing content of news and In Focus section for the UNITAR’s website and improving quality/style in line with the communication strategy, UNITAR’s editorial guidelines and UN Editorial Standards.
- Assist in publishing UNITAR’s quarterly e-Newsletter by collecting contents, putting them in a template, editing, and sending it out using the online marketing tool.
- Support the management of UNITAR’s social media platforms, drafting regular updates and photo/video-based content for the Twitter and Facebook feeds and monitoring personal communications with fans and followers.
- Follow daily international and United Nations news. Use United Nations media content to draft articles for posting on the social media platforms, particularly related to United Nations international days and campaigns.
- Develop and implement strategies and new tools for recruiting and engaging supporters through social media.
- Participate in Twitter events, such as live-tweeting panel discussing and special events.
- Keep up to date on new social media tools (especially Facebook and Twitter), best practice and how other organizations and companies are using them in order to identify new campaigning opportunities.
- Update the Social Media Guidelines, as required.
- Assist in creating/editing a HTML-based course announcement, if requested by programmes, and manage the online marketing tool by sending out the announcement, removing un-subscriptions and bounce-backs, and analyzing the open/click rate of each announcement.
- Assist in collecting the data and analyzing the website log in order to better understand the reach, content relevance and usability of the UNITAR’s website.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Learn about impact-oriented communications and communications management in a UN environment
- Learn about utilizing social media in the UN context
- Learn about design software and Drupal content management system
- Learn about visual communication
- Further enhance editorial skills
Work implies frequent interaction with the following:
Staff and collaborators of the work unit, and of other programmes, departments and units within the Institute.
Measurable outputs / deliverables / schedule of deliverables:
- quality and timely delivery of website articles, drafted documents, other support services following a set schedule
Performance indicator for evaluation of results:
- quality of articles posted on the website in a timely manner
- quality social media streams in a timely manner
- e-newsletter published on time
- e-course announcement published
Education: University degree in communication, journalism, marketing, business administration, or related field. Experience in website content management, and in writing or participating in social media, blog and community sites. An understanding of internet communication strategies, social media trends and techniques. Experience in engaging and building communities on social networks, particularly Twitter and Facebook. Experience in image editing software (in design, photoshop, illustrator, fireworks, etc.) is preferable.
Language: Excellent command (both written and spoken) of English and French. Knowledge of another UN language is an asset.
Acting Chief, Communication and Information Technology Support Section
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send a motivation letter and a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
14 Nov 2013
19 Jun 2013
05 Dec 2012
- 1 de 62