GLH Worldwide Partners: Japan
- Ofunato City (大船渡市）
June 28: A Chinese Parasol sapling was delivered to Ofunato-city, Iwate Prefecture. It will be planted in Midorimachi Park, which is being revived from the damage by the Great East Japan Earthquake.
- Osaka YMCA International School (大阪YMCAインターナショナルスクール)
On 18 April a group of 5th grade children, from the Osaka YMCA International School, visited the survivor trees on Hiroshima Peace Avenue as part of their study trip, to prepare for a presentation on peace activities. The children dazzled the GLH team with their strong preparation and clever questions - next time we shall better prepare for these serious investigators! We wish the children luck in completing their exceptional project and in spreading the green, generous message of Hiroshima's trees.
- The Kizuna Project (キズナ強化プロジェクト):Haragama Kindergarten in Soma City, Fukushima, Japan
June 2014: Saplings of Ginkgo and Chinese parasol, planted there in Dec. 2012, are growing well.
“The Kizuna Project” team ('Kizuna' in Japanese means ties/bonds) from ASEAN countries, accompanied by members of Japan Overseas Cooperative Association, visited Fukushima Prefecture and planted saplings of Ginkgo and Chinese parasol in a kindergarten in Soma City. 29 Dec., 2012.
- The Asian Health Institute (AHI)(アジア保健研修所)
- Aogiri sapling being handed to the delegation from the Asian Health Institute (AHI) アジア保健研修所 at ANT-Hiroshima, Hiroshima, 22 September 2012
- Honkawa elementary school, Hiroshima本川小学校
Planting ceremony on 11 Nov., 2012. Mayor Matsui and the mayor of Volgograd City of Russia attended.
- Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University (in Beppu)立命館アジア太平洋大学
June, 2014: The Cherry tree, planted on the campus of APU on 24 October., 2013, is growing in good health, beside the commemorative plaque.
October 24, 2013 : To mark United Nations Day, a survivor Somei yoshino Sakura was planted on the campus of the Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University (APU), in Oita Prefecture, Japan. Planted by APU President Shun Korenaga and UNITAR Senior Advisor and GLH Co-Founder Nassrine Azimi, the ceremony was attended by Pro Vice President Edgar Porter, Professor Faezeh Mahichi and a number of interested faculty and members of the Press. The following day, students of Professor Mahichi visited the newly planted sapling to welcome her on the grounds of APU, while reflecting on the question: 'What else can we do to convey the message of peace from the people of Hiroshima?'
- Yanominami elementary school, Hiroshima矢野南小学校
A sapling of Aogiri and a germinated seed of Japanese fern palm were presented to the school on 16 Nov., 2012
- Yokohama Institute for Earth Sciences (YES) of the Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology (JAMSTEC)
November 2013 : Saplings of Kurogane holly (20cm in height), Camphor (20cm in height), and Persimmon (30cm in height) are growing well.