GLH Worldwide Partners: Japan
- Osaka YMCA International School (大阪YMCAインターナショナルスクール)
On 18 April a group of 5th grade children, from the Osaka YMCA International School, visited the survivor trees on Hiroshima Peace Avenue as part of their study trip, to prepare for a presentation on peace activities. The children dazzled the GLH team with their strong preparation and clever questions - next time we shall better prepare for these serious investigators! We wish the children luck in completing their exceptional project and in spreading the green, generous message of Hiroshima's trees.
- The Kizuna Project (キズナ強化プロジェクト)
“The Kizuna Project” team ('Kizuna' in Japanese means ties/bonds) from ASEAN countries, accompanied by members of Japan Overseas Cooperative Association, visited Fukushima Prefecture and planted saplings of Ginkgo and Chinese parasol in a kindergarten in Soma City. 29 Dec., 2012.
- The Asian Health Institute (AHI)アジア保健研修所
- Aogiri sapling being handed to the delegation from the Asian Health Institute (AHI) アジア保健研修所 at ANT-Hiroshima, Hiroshima, 22 September 2012
- Honkawa elementary school, Hiroshima本川小学校
- Planting ceremony on 11 Nov., 2012. Mayor Matsui and the mayor of Volgograd City of Russia attended.
- Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University (in Beppu)立命館アジア太平洋大学
- Yanominami elementary school, Hiroshima矢野南小学校
A sapling of Aogiri and a germinated seed of Japanese fern palm were presented to the school on 16 Nov., 2012
- Yokohama Institute for Earth Sciences (YES) of the Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology (JAMSTEC)