Accueil › Four corners of the world gathered in Antwerp for the first course of UNITAR’s Learning Platform on Human Mobility ›
Four corners of the world gathered in Antwerp for the first course of UNITAR’s Learning Platform on Human Mobility
6 June 2013, Antwerp, Belgium - On 15-16 May 2013 the international course of the Learning Platform on Human Mobility (LPHM) entitled “Addressing public perceptions of migrants, mastering communication strategies and partnering with the media” took place in Antwerp, Belgium. This course is part of a series of learning opportunities resulting from an ambitious partnership between the United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) and the Flemish Government, in collaboration with the City of Antwerp.
The Antwerp-based part of the course consisted of a series of presentations and practical exercises to exchange good practices between participants and develop action plans. An international team of senior professionals led the course: Prof. Dr. Han B. Entzinger, Professor of Migration and Integration Studies at the Erasmus University in Rotterdam; Ms. Amy Selwyn, Managing Director at Storytegic; and Dr. Colleen Thouez of the School of International Service (American University) and UNITAR. 11 participants took part in the course, representing regional, municipal and local governments and media from Antwerp, Flanders, Belgium; Plock, Mazovia, Poland; Durban, KwaZulu-Natal South Africa; and Diourbel, Senegal. The program was complemented by a study visit to the future Red Star Line Museum.
- The Agenda of the Course
- The Action Items and Summary of the Course
- The Annotated Syllabus of the Course (Virtual Segment)
- The Self-Assessment Matrix of the Course (Virtual Segment)
- The Action Plan Template of the Course
The PowerPoint Presentations of the Course:
- Dr. Han B. Entzinger, Professor of Migration and Integration Studies, Erasmus University Rotterdam: How Public Perceptions of Migrants are Shaped - What we Know; Attitudes to Migrants, Communications and Local Leadership (AMICALL)
- Ms. Amy Selwyn, Managing Director, Storytegic: The Role and Responsibility of the Media; Effective Communication Tools - How to Learn Them
- Ms. Anna Platonova, Regional Labour Migration/Migration and Development Specialist, Regional Office for the EEA, EU & NATO, International Organization for Migration: IOM Report on Communication/Media Projects
For more information, contact Ms. Kato Van Broeckhoven at email@example.com
Les dernières nouvelles