E-learning Course on Green Economy
28 August 2013, Geneva, Switzerland - The concept of a green economy enjoys increasing international attention, as countries explore new patterns of development taking into account economic, social and environmental sustainability considerations. To address this challenge, UNITAR is working closely with UNEP, ILO and UNIDO in a new Partnership for Action on Green Economy (PAGE), focusing on national capacity development. Together with PAGE partners, UNITAR is delivering the e-learning course “Introduction to a Green Economy: Concepts and Applications”, from 21 October to 13 December 2013.
This partnership e-course has been designed for a wide audience of civil servants, diplomats, environmental managers, academics, private sector representatives and interested citizens. It aims at enhancing participants’ knowledge of different concepts and facets of the green economy, as well as global, national and sector-specific challenges and opportunities to advance low-carbon, resource efficient and socially inclusive development. Additionally, the future e-students will begin to develop basic skills for applying the green economy concept in a real world economic, policy and/or personal context.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the economic, environmental and social benefits of transitioning to a green economy
- Identify enabling conditions for greening national economies
- Provide examples of successful green economy investments, initiatives and projects
- Identify principal challenges and opportunities for greening key economic sectors
- Describe national planning processes in support of a green transformation
- Recognize the range of international and regional green initiatives and support services to foster green development
Registration is open until 13 October 2013. To facilitate the participation of individuals from Least Developed Countries (LDCs) and non-profit organizations, a number of fellowships will be awarded. Comprehensive information and registration details are available on the UNITAR Online Catalogue.
Please contact the UNITAR Environmental Governance Programme (EGP) at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
14 nov 2013
12 aoû 2013
19 juin 2013