UNITAR Mustofi Fellowship on Public Financial Management I
17-23 February 2012: Hiroshima
The UNITAR Mustofi Fellowship on Public Financial Management I was held in conjunction with the Ministry of Finance of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan was between 17 and 23 February in Hiroshima, Japan. The programme was attended by 23 officials, representing both central Ministry staff and those from provincial centers. The focus of the training was on Public Financial Management, as well as leadership in the Public Service.
The specific objectives of this international workshop were to:
- Enhance understanding of government revenue management, public financial systems, and budget planning
- Learn how to assess organizational needs, implement action plans, and resolve conflicts
- Gain fundamental skills important to leadership, the public sector, and human resource management
Due to the senior nature of the participants, a meeting was held on Tuesday 21 February with the Governor of Hiroshima Prefecture, the Honourable Hidehiko Yuzaki, and with the Deputy Mayor of Hiroshima City, the Honourable Atsuro Sasaki, so that the Fellows could express their appreciation for their support in the post-conflict reconstruction of Afghanistan.
Study trips were also made to the Hiroshima Customs and Tariffs office, as well as to the Tax Collection office. In addition, as part of UNITAR's methodology, several Best Practices Sharing sessions were conducted by officials from the Hiroshima Prefectural Government Financial and Procurement Divisions, as well as officials from the regional offices of the National Financial Bureau and the National Tax Bureau.
UNITAR would like to express its gratitude to the Minister of Finance, Dr. Omar Zakhilwal and in particular to Mr. Musa Kamawi, Human Resources Director at the Ministry of Finance and UNITAR trainer, for their commitment and support to the programme
- Public Financial Management - Current Trends
- Public Financial Management - Budget Planning
- Combating Corruption in Public Finance
- Revenue Management Best Practices
- Organisational Needs Assessment
- Human Resources Management and Development
- Public Sector Leadership - the Fundamentals I
- Public Sector Leadership - the Fundamentals II
- Action Plan Development
- 1 of 119