Position currently available:
ILP offers an internship position for a university graduate (or post-graduate) in translation from English into French, who would like to improve the use of his/her legal terminology and be familiar with the United Nations editing rules.
The Intern/trainee will have the opportunity to make a valuable contribution towards UNITAR’s work and to gain work experience translating legal documents in the field of international law and international environmental law. He/She is expected to assume a high level of responsibility, along with being highly committed and proactive.
Deadline for application: 20 March2014
- Holding a university degree in translation
- Holding a postgrade degree in legal translation will be an advantage
- Interest in learning about international law/environmental law and applying his/her technical knowledge of legal translation
- Interest in translating documents issued from a United Nations institution
- Interest in working for developing countries
- Interest in working in a multicultural environment
- Availability for 4 to 5 months on a part-time or full-time basis
- Communication: ability to write in a clear and concise manner; effective oral communication is also important.
- Teamwork: Good interpersonal skills; ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment characterized by sensitivity and respect for diversity.
In accordance with relevant UN regulations and policies internships/traineeships are non-remunerated. Costs and arrangements for travel, visas, accommodation, and living expenses are the responsibilities of trainees and their sponsoring institutions. However, a small stipend to cover public transport and food will be given.
Please send your curriculum vitae and letter of motivation, explaining why you are suited for this traineeship, to email@example.com
Due to the high number of applications expected only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
2014 e-Courses Course Calendar
e-Course on Humanitarian International Law
Contemporary Challenges and New Developments
29 Sept to 24 Octobre
Series of Online Courses on International Environmental Law
15 September to 28 November 2014
e-Course on the Law of Treaties
19 Novembre to 12 Decembre 2014
(available only in French)
Droit international de
Cours en ligne
29 sept. au 31 oct. 2014
et envoyez votre CV et lettre de motivation
21 Aug 2014
21 Aug 2014
19 Aug 2014
15 Aug 2014
- 1 of 117