Position currently available:
ILP offers an internship position for a university graduate (or post-graduate) in translation from English into French, who would like to improve the use of his/her legal terminology and be familiar with the United Nations editing rules.
The Intern/trainee will have the opportunity to make a valuable contribution towards UNITAR’s work and to gain work experience translating legal documents in the field of international law and international environmental law. He/She is expected to assume a high level of responsibility, along with being highly committed and proactive.
Deadline for application: 20 March2014
- Holding a university degree in translation
- Holding a postgrade degree in legal translation will be an advantage
- Interest in learning about international law/environmental law and applying his/her technical knowledge of legal translation
- Interest in translating documents issued from a United Nations institution
- Interest in working for developing countries
- Interest in working in a multicultural environment
- Availability for 4 to 5 months on a part-time or full-time basis
- Communication: ability to write in a clear and concise manner; effective oral communication is also important.
- Teamwork: Good interpersonal skills; ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment characterized by sensitivity and respect for diversity.
In accordance with relevant UN regulations and policies internships/traineeships are non-remunerated. Costs and arrangements for travel, visas, accommodation, and living expenses are the responsibilities of trainees and their sponsoring institutions. However, a small stipend to cover public transport and food will be given.
Please send your curriculum vitae and letter of motivation, explaining why you are suited for this traineeship, to email@example.com
Due to the high number of applications expected only short-listed candidates will be contacted.