Terms of Reference
Project title, Programme: Communication and Information Technology Support Section
Title: IT helpdesk trainee (non-remunerated position)
Area of Specialization/Thematic Areas: IT customer support,
Overview (quick description of the funded project and its context): Communication and Information Technology Support Section (CITSS) gives assistance in solving technical problems of its clients, namely staff and collaborators of UNITAR, who use various IT infrastructures.
In addition, CITSS will upgrading the website, the learning management platform, and automating some business processes or other administrative tasks.
General Objectives of the Contract: To assist the IT specialist in solving technical problems and document issues of users to create information session to address the skills gap. To learn the process of producing videos, updating the inventory, learn migrating courses or web content and troubleshooting software and hardware to support various administrative tasks.
Responsibilities/Description of Professional Services/Learning Objectives:
- Assist in moving e-Learning module from user interaction
- Assist in developing technical documentation
- Assist users within the organization with IT needs
- Assist users on the virtual learning platform for any technical issues
- Assist users in updating inventory list
- Assist in renewal of the website content by editing and monitoring the hyperlinks to ensure consistency of the new website.
- Perform any other related tasks as required
- To gain knowledge on the work of the UN and UNITAR in particular
- To learn about IT standards and day-to-day IT operation in a UN context
- To learn how to interpret technical language into simple and non-technical language and to be able to explain complex issues in understandable manner
- To learn about Drupal based content management system
- To learn about how to create instructional video clips and online course development
- To learn about the virtual learning environment running on Moodle
- Gain experience in working in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment
Measurable outputs/Deliverables/Schedule of Deliverables:
- E-Learning course modules migrated and available in a Moodle platform
- Technical documentation and videos
- Quality and timely delivery of webpages and course modules
- Updated list on inventory
Performance Indicators for Evaluation of Results:
- Relevance of the E-Learning course
- Functional desktop and network connectivity
- Updated web pages
- Frequency and quality of interactions with staff from all sections
Reporting structure: Ron VALERIO, IT Specialist - Communication and Information Technology Support Section.
Required Skills or Knowledge in the following:
- Content Management System (Drupal and Adobe Dreamweaver)
- Learning Management System (Moodle)
- Computer hardware and software troubleshooting
- Local Area Network (LAN)
- Mobile devices (iPhone, iPad)
- Image and video production and post editing (Adobe Photoshop, Premiere)
- Microsoft Windows applications such as Microsoft Office
Duration of contract: 1 August 2017 – 29 December 2017, at UNITAR offices in Geneva
Fees: This is a non-remunerated position
Remarks: General conditions of contracts for the service of Traineeship apply.
How to apply: Please send your curriculum vitae and letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for application: 21 July 2017