Join the e-learning course on Social Media for development to learn : 4 key actions to make your organization visible and develop an effective social media strategy.
16 January 2014, Geneva, Switzerland
UNITAR is pleased to announce the opening of the registrations for the next English session of the Innovative Collaboration for Development course (ICfD), an e-learning course on Social media and Web 2.0 tools for development. The course will take place between 3rd March and 2nd May 2014.
Developed jointly by UNITAR and FAO and based on the primary courseware developed by IMARK, this course is part of a collaboration framework aiming to cooperatively develop a series of learning programmes in the field of knowledge management.
The overall goal of the course is to empower development professionals to recognize the potential of social media and to make innovative use of these tools to improve the efficiency, effectiveness and reach of their work. The course, therefore, gives participants the opportunity to use and analyze social media tools in light of their adaptability to specific workplace contexts.
The ICfD course has been awarded the Open ECBCheck Certification in 2011.
1. Introduction: Presentation of the course documentation and familiarization with the learning environment.
2. Introduction to web 2.0 and Social Media: Introduction to the basic concepts behind Web 2.0, identification of the four main types of social media and reflection on their utilization.
3. Collaborating on the Internet: Introduction and utilization of social networking tools (Facebook, Twitter, etc) and group productivity and collaboration tools (blogs, wikis, chats, video and photo sharing, project management tools, etc).
4. Contributing to the Internet: Introduction and utilization of content management tools.
5. Aggregating Content on the Internet: Introduction and utilization of tools to aggregate, curate and syndicate content on the Internet.
6. Building your Toolkit:Introduction and exploration of hosting services, social media rules and regulations and develop a social media strategy.
Deadline for registration: 19 February 2014
Course fee: USD 850
Class will be opened with a minimum of 20 participants.