Address: 227-24 Jungmungwangwang-ro
Seogwipo-si, Jeju-do (697-858)
Republic of Korea
CIFAL Jeju (South Korea) was established in 2010, to build regional and local governments capacities for green growth and human security through an annual series of specialised workshops. Based in South Korea’s southern most territory, Jeju Special Self-Governing Province, which has been designated as the “Island of World Peace” by the Korean government in 2005, CIFAL Jeju shares South Korea’s expertise in green growth and human security, to exchange knowledge and good practices and to strengthen City-to-City Cooperation (C2C) in the region.
Scope: Asia Pacific
- Sustainable Cities – Environment and Green Growth
- Municipal Development – Safety and Human Security
- Low-Carbon Cities - Green Growth in Local Government Planning
- Improving Eco-efficiency in Local Development Strategies
- Biodiversity and Local Governance and Management
- Food Security from a Local Government Perspective
- Immigration Policy and Multicultural Society
- Identification and Protection of Trafficking Victims
- Reducing Vulnerabilities and Building Resilience to Natural Hazards
- Sustainable Waste Management
CIFAL Jeju Director
Amb. Dal-ho CHUNG
Ambassador Dal-ho Chung graduated from Seoul National Univ. in 1971, majoring in Political Science. He continued his study at the SNU Graduate School for one year before entering military service with the Korean Navy (1972-1975). As he began his career as diplomat, he joined the Foreign Service Program of Oxford University (1977-1978). While working in New York, he studied at NYU (1988-1990), where he obtained his M.A. in International Politics. He also became a Fellow of the Harvard University’s Center for International Affairs (1996-1997).
In his diplomatic carrier spanning thirty-three years, he served as Ambassador to Panama (2002-2004), Ambassador at Large for Korean Nationals in Foreign Countries (2005-2006), Ambassador to Egypt (2006-2009). Previously, he served in different countries with different positions - Austria, France, New York (ROK Mission to the United Nations), Iraq, and Norway. He also served as Director-General for International Organizations, Deputy Assistant Minister for Planning and Budget, and Director for UN Affairs at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Since Jan. 2010 he serves as Executive Director of CIFAL Jeju. Since April 2012 he serves as Chairman of the Foreign Advisory Committee for the Governor of Jeju Special Self-Governing Province.
16 Sep 2014
05 Sep 2014
02 Sep 2014
21 Aug 2014
- 1 of 119