Multilateral Diplomacy Programme
An effective United Nations requires the full and meaningful participation of all Member States on a level playing field.
It is against this backdrop that UNITAR’s Multilateral Diplomacy Programme (MDP) works closely with Member States and several other partners to strengthen the capacities of diplomats and other government officers in multilateral diplomacy, particularly in view of increasing performance in conferences and meetings convened at the United Nations and through other international and regional organizations.
Our courses target professionals from different Governement Ministries, International Organizations, Academia, Private Sector and Students.
We offer customized training, designed upon the request of individual UN Member States and/or in partnership with intergovernmental organizations.
For professionals we provide specially-designed practice-oriented face-to-face and e-learning training.
- Please visit our Core Diplomatic Training page for more information and register to face-to-face activities. UNITAR will award UNITAR's Executive Diploma in Diplomatic Practice to participants who attend 8 or more of these workshops and who meet the other requirements of the Diploma.
- We also offer the opportunity to take online courses. Please visit the e-learning catalogue to learn more and register.
The Masters’ Degrees represent a unique opportunity for both students and professionals working within the framework of international and regional organizations, as well as governmental and non-governmental institutions to understand international affairs, and to strengthen their capacities in the practice of diplomacy.
- Master of Advanced Studies in European and International Governance, in partnership with the University of Geneva (UNIGE)
- Master Degree in Multilateral Diplomacy / Многосторонняя дипломатия, in partnership with the Moscow State Institute of International Relations (MGIMO)
- Online Master in International Affairs and Diplomacy, in partnership with the Open University of Catalunya (UOC)