- Upcoming events -
Special Briefing on the Upcoming Session of the First Committee of the General Assembly: Disarmament and International Security
3 October 2014
This event is jointly organized by the UNITAR New York Office and the Permanent Missions of Indonesia and Egypt.
The special briefing aims to:
- Give an overview of some fundamental issues on disarmament before the First Committee and the preparations of the General Assembly Secretariat;
- Enable Members of the Committee to prepare in advance of discussions;
- Provide an opportunity for members to enhance their participation in the Committee, especially with the forthcoming critical agenda of the First Committee during the next sessions of the General Assembly.
This workshop will take place at the Permanent Mission of Egypt to the UN (304, E.44th St, NY) on Friday 3 October 2014 from 14:30-18:30.
Please register HERE by 1 October 2014
Workshop on the structure, drafting and adoption of United Nations Resolutions
1 October 2014
While the Charter of the United Nations has often been regarded as the constitution of the Organization, resolutions adopted by its principal organs may be considered its laws. Hence, the need for accuracy, respect of the correct terminology and search for the proper expression is given. Over the years, the United Nations resolutions have acquired a distinctive style. Furthermore, the rules relating to the adoption of resolutions have been supplemented by a number of practices. This workshop aims at providing thorough training on all these topics.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
This workshop will take place in Conference Room C on Wednesday 1 October 2014 from 10:00-17:00.
Please register HERE by 30 September 2014
E-Learning course on Defence Sector Reform (DSR)
• Raise participants’ awareness to context and challenges for operationalizing DSR in post conflict environments.
• Enhanced understanding of Defence Sector Reform in UN peacekeeping
• Enhanced knowledge leading to strengthen DSR mandate as part of the Security Sector Reform in UN peacekeeping
• Understand the various Security Council resolutions of SSR and DSR, and they promote peace and security
Please register HERE
The paper may be downloaded here: