The New York Office thus works to offer a variety of different and stimulating educational activities ranging from:
- general orientation classes on the United Nations to permanent mission newcomers;
- briefings on technical topics in international law such as law of the sea, environmental law or intellectual property law;
- thematic workshops on current issues of interest such as WTO and trade dispute settlement;
- skills-based instruction on information technology, negotiations, and oratory skills;
- unique educational opportunities in the form of fellowships at prominent universities in New York
- Further, UNITAR's New York Office seeks to tailor its activities to current needs and interests of the international community. This year, workshop series will be offered covering areas such as: international migration; international negotiations and peacekeeping; and information and communications technology.
The many dedicated and knowledgeable instructors, some of whom are volunteers, are experts in their own technical field. Our partners in the United Nations community, from the private sector, non-governmental organizations and academia provide most of the substance of our programming, and our devoted staff is the cornerstone of UNITAR in New York. We owe them all our gratitude.