- Describe and distinguish the core institutions and mechanisms of the international human rights protection regime;
- Analyse the human rights dimension of various negotiation areas, including development, climate change, etc.;
- Actively participate in human-rights related negotiations at United Nations Headquarters.
- Concept of human rights and its normative framework;
- United Nations policies on human rights;
- Mandates and functions of the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR);
- Mandates and functions of the Human Rights Council, including the Universal Periodic Review;
- Human rights treaty bodies, or committees of independent experts that monitor implementation of the core international human rights treaties.
All participants who successfully complete the orientation programme will receive a OHCHR/UNITAR Certificate of Participation.
05 Apr 2013
05 Apr 2013
03 Apr 2013
19 Mar 2013
The “Manual for UN Delegates – Conference Process, Procedure and Negotiation” is UNITAR, MDPs latest Publication. It targets newcomers to conference diplomacy as well as experienced conference delegates who find themselves assigned to represent their government in international organizations, conferences and negotiations.
PGA Handbook 2011
Courtesy of the Permanent Mission of New Zealand (PDF). Hard copy available for purchase or at the UN boosktore.