UNITAR Fellowship Programme at
Columbia University Law School and UNITAR Visitor Programme at New York University School of Law
About the programme
Columbia University Law School (CLS), New York University (NYU) School of Law, and the United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) are pleased to invite delegates to the UNITAR Fellowship and Visitors Programmes for diplomats accredited to the United Nations.
The Fellowship and Visitors Programmes offer diplomats an opportunity to undertake studies in an academic setting, either at the CLS or the NYU School of Law, in order to deepen and refresh their knowledge in the fields of international law and related fields, including international relations.
Participants in the Fellowship and Visitors Programmes will benefit from the interaction with the faculty and student communities at either Columbia University or NYU. The long-term objective of the Programmes is to contribute to a better functioning of the United Nations by exposing selected delegates to a programme of academic excellence. It is expected that such exposure will enable countries to participate more efficiently in international affairs and assist their domestic efforts for development.
How does it work?
Columbia University Law School will offer six fellowship positions and NYU School of Law will offer six visitors positions during the academic Spring term of 2012 (January – April 2012) to diplomats accredited to the United Nations in New York.
Duration of the programme
The Programmes run parallel to the academic Spring term of 2012 at Columbia University and NYU, which starts in January and ends in April 2014. Candidates should be able to commit themselves to the whole term.
Application and Selection
Interested candidates will have to fill in and return by e-mail (email@example.com) or fax (212) 963-9686, to the UNITAR New York Office no later than Friday, 25 November 2011: (1) the application form; (2) the letter of consent from the head of their Mission; (3) a letter of motivation stating the reasons for the application and choice of university (Columbia University or NYU); and (4) a curriculum vitae. A joint Columbia/NYU/UNITAR committee will select participants to the Fellowship and Visitors Programmes at the end of November 2011.
Application and Deadline
The COMPLETE application has to be submitted to UNITAR no later than Friday, 25 November 2011. (Late applications will not be accepted as additional time is needed to process all applications.)
Contact us for more information. (contact: Ms. Soukeyna Fall)
Columbia University Law School (CLS), New York University (NYU) School of Law, and the United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) are pleased to confirm the selected delegates to the UNITAR Fellowship Programme and UNITAR Visitors Programme 2011.
- Ms. Eva Surkova, Slovakia, Permanent Mission of Slovakia to the United Nations
- Mr. Jean-Claudy Pierre, Permanent Mission of Haïti to the United Nations
- Mr. Yadh Bousselmi, Permanent Mission of Tunisia to the United Nations
- Mr. Carlos Sorreta, Permanent Mission of Philippines to the United Nations
- Ms. Ani Kocharyan, Permanent Mission of Armenia to the United Nations
- Ms. Helene Awet Woldeyohannes, Permanent Mission of Eritrea to the United Nations
- Ms. Maria I. Salamanca, Permanent Mission of Chile to the United Nations
- Mr. Yeshey Dorji, Permanent Mission of Bhutan to the United Nations
- Ms. Ruemma Haynes, Permanent Mission of Trinidad and Tobago to the United Nations
- Ms. Janet Karim, Permanent Mission of Malawi to the United Nations
- Ms. Ingrid Berlanga, Permanent Mission of Mexico to the United Nations
- Ms. Rua Al-Zadjali, Permanent Mission of Oman to the United Nations
- Mr. Caleb Christopher, Permanent Mission of Marshall Islands to the United Nations
- Ms. Elena Agladze, Permanent Mission of Georgia to the United Nations
22 Nov 2013
18 Nov 2013
15 Nov 2013
12 Nov 2013