The United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) New York Office (NYO) has launched the Rio Preparation Forum (RPF) to support the preparation process for the UNCSD. The RPF is a series of workshops, bringing together interdisciplinary and comprehensive assessment perspectives. They will embrace the Rio Conference goals to secure sustainable development, which integrates economic development, social justice and environmental protection, as well as a green economy and poverty eradication. In its examination of sustainable development, UNITAR will also support the Conference preparatory goals for “efficient and effective preparation to ensure high quality inputs.” To this end, it will invite relevant stakeholders to provide ideas and proposals on a comprehensive basis so that delegates will have extensive as well as broad scope of information for the negotiation process.
The events of this series are:
- 25 October 2011: Rio+20 Special Briefing: Advancing a common understanding of sustainable development;
- 16 December 2011: Technologies for Sustainable development: a side event of the Second Intersessional Meeting of UNCS (with DESSC);
- 23 March 2012: Opportunities and Challenges of a Green Economy;
- 4 May 2012: Connectedness and Sustainability (with DESSC);
- 24 May 2012: Discourse on Sustainable Development (with OIC).
- 18-19 June: Building sustainable cities (together with IBM).
27 May 2013
27 May 2013
21 May 2013
15 May 2013
The “Manual for UN Delegates – Conference Process, Procedure and Negotiation” is UNITAR, MDPs latest Publication. It targets newcomers to conference diplomacy as well as experienced conference delegates who find themselves assigned to represent their government in international organizations, conferences and negotiations.
PGA Handbook 2011
Courtesy of the Permanent Mission of New Zealand (PDF). Hard copy available for purchase or at the UN boosktore.