Date: 8-9 September 2011
Venue: Permanent Mission of the Arab Republic of Egypt to the United Nations
Coordinator: Helene Gandois
- Elements of effective communication and argumentation
- Preparing and devising an effective presentation
- Mastering questions‐and‐answer
- Non‐verbal communication
- Overcoming public speaking stress and anxiety
- Communicating in an international environment
- Different speaking contexts in the UN
In the second day of the workshop, participants will be required to make a presentation from a previously prepared speech on a global issue. The workshop will include videotaped practice and critique of the speech you give.
The “Manual for UN Delegates – Conference Process, Procedure and Negotiation” is UNITAR, MDPs latest Publication. It targets newcomers to conference diplomacy as well as experienced conference delegates who find themselves assigned to represent their government in international organizations, conferences and negotiations.
PGA Handbook 2011
Courtesy of the Permanent Mission of New Zealand (PDF). Hard copy available for purchase or at the UN boosktore.