Dates: 10-11 May 2012
Venue: United Nations Headquarters, New York (Conference room E)
Coordinator: Ms. Helene Gandois
- Understand the basic concepts in treaty law and the evolution of the treaty law system;
- Distinguish between reservations and declarations and articulate the functions and limits of reservations;
- Explain the concept of "final causes" and their legal effects;
- Explain the mandate of Article 102 of the UN Charter and enumerate the registration procedures for Member States;
- Be able to locate and navigate treaty-related information online.
All participants who successfully complete the seminar will receive an OLA/UNITAR Certificate of Participation.
Working language: English
Related Links: Treaty Section of the United Nations Office of Legal Affairs
01 May 2013
24 Apr 2013
19 Apr 2013
18 Apr 2013
The “Manual for UN Delegates – Conference Process, Procedure and Negotiation” is UNITAR, MDPs latest Publication. It targets newcomers to conference diplomacy as well as experienced conference delegates who find themselves assigned to represent their government in international organizations, conferences and negotiations.
PGA Handbook 2011
Courtesy of the Permanent Mission of New Zealand (PDF). Hard copy available for purchase or at the UN boosktore.