Dates: 10-11 May 2012
Venue: United Nations Headquarters, New York (Conference room E)
Coordinator: Ms. Helene Gandois
- Understand the basic concepts in treaty law and the evolution of the treaty law system;
- Distinguish between reservations and declarations and articulate the functions and limits of reservations;
- Explain the concept of "final causes" and their legal effects;
- Explain the mandate of Article 102 of the UN Charter and enumerate the registration procedures for Member States;
- Be able to locate and navigate treaty-related information online.
All participants who successfully complete the seminar will receive an OLA/UNITAR Certificate of Participation.
Working language: English
Related Links: Treaty Section of the United Nations Office of Legal Affairs