What we do
- training government officials and other finance-related and trade stakeholders through on-line training courses with a view to tapping a wider audience and reducing cost of training per participant;
- providing flexible skills development opportunities for senior and middle-level economists, financial experts, decision and policy makers, accountants and lawyers coming from the public and private sectors, civil society and academia;
- providing an online forum for exchange of information and ideas to officials on themes pertaining to public finance, trade, financial governance and intellectual property;
- developing strategic partnerships around e-Learning with institutions from the North and South;
- and last but not least, strengthening UNITAR’s capacity to conduct online courses, not only in English, but also in French and Spanish languages.
- Skills building and training of government officials from English, Spanish and French speaking developing countries and economies in transition in public finance and trade-related issues.
Networking and fostering of best practices among government officials from developing countries through regional workshops and through use of new information and communication technology (online discussions).
- Strengthening the capacity of selected local and regional training institutions to provide training in public finance and trade.
- Offering quality training to a broad spectrum of officials using the innovative technology of e-Learning.
- Addressing the UN Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) and poverty reduction agenda through training.
To date, UNITAR has held over 270 training events benefitting over 12,000 participants from more that 140 countries. These training activities provide training to senior and middle-level government officials in the field of debt, financial management and negotiation. These training programmes are designed to enhance the existing human resources in these developing nations in the fields of financial management. Each training programme or activity is designed to meet the specific needs of the country or region in question.
This training programme has drawn on the expertise and knowledge of numerous institutions and individuals who have and are working closely in debt, financial management and negotiation issues worldwide.
21 Mayo 2013
15 Mayo 2013
14 Mayo 2013
10 Mayo 2013
- 1 of 121