Procurement at UNITAR
Please check this page for regular tender updates.
Deadline for Expression of Interest:
Description of requirements:
Conference and Logistical Services Required
12 Dec 2014
31 Dec 2014
1. Procurement Process
UNITAR’s procurement is carried out in accordance with the United Nations Financial Regulations and Rules, the General Conditions of Contracts for the Provision of Goods or Services and the UN Supplier Code of Conduct. These guidelines are governed by the Principles of Best Value for Money, Transparency, Integrity, Effective International Competition and the interest of the United Nations.
UNITAR procures goods and services through competitive solicitations from qualified vendors. Depending on the complexity of the services or the value of the goods or services to be procured, the solicitation is issued as a Request for Proposal (RFP), an Invitation to Bid (ITB) or as a Request for Quotation (RFQ).
- RFQs (Request for Quotation) are issued for the procurement of Goods or services or works with standard and clear specifications and a total estimated value in excess of US$ 40,000.-;
- ITBs (Invitation to Bid) are issued for the procurement of goods with standard and clear specifications and a total estimated value in excess of US$ 40,000.-; and
- RFP (Request for Proposals) are issued for procurement of goods, services or works that cannot be quantitatively or qualitatively expressed in sufficient detail to allow for use of an ITB, such as professional or other complex goods, services or works.
As a general practice most requirements for value in excess of US$ 40,000.-are procured through either RFP or ITB.
2. Vendor Registration
3. Supplier Code of Conduct
UNITAR adheres to the UN Supplier Code of Conduct.
EOI (Expression of Interest), ITBs and RFPs are issued by the Administration and Procurement Section of UNITAR and published through UNITAR website and UNGM website (www.ungm.org). From time to time Administration and Procurement Section of UNITAR posts Requests for Expression of Interest, ITBs and RFPs for current requirements on this site and UNGM website. Only vendors that are registered with the United Nations Global Marketplace with the UN Secretariat will be invited to participate in procurement opportunities.
Normally, tenders are to be submitted in a sealed envelope. Tenders obtained via email and fax are acceptable as long as they are signed, scanned and transmitted electronically to the email: email@example.com, or signed and faxed to the facsimile number: 41 (0) 22 917 8047.
The main considerations for contract award are: compliance with specifications, price, technical quality and acceptability, and compliance with delivery schedules. Depending on the value of the proposed contract, the final award may be subject to review and recommendation by the UNITAR Committee on Contracts.
- Tender Alert Service
All registered vendors will receive tender alerts over email, directly and automatically, as soon as EOI, ITBs and RFPs are published.
5. Conditions of Contract:
The following applicable United Nations General Terms and Conditions of Contract are annexed to the relevant contracts awarded by the UNITAR:
- Conditions Governing Requests for Proposals and Invitations to Bid;
- United Nations General Conditions for Contracts for Purchase of Goods;
- United Nations General Conditions for Contracts for Purchase of Services;
- United Nations General Conditions for Contracts for Purchase of Goods and Services
- UN Supplier Code of Conduct
6. Upcoming Business opportunities
The notices posted below are for information only and do not constitute an invitation to bid or to submit proposals.
The information contained in this page is intended primarily to encourage new vendors of relevant products and services to register in the United Nations Global Marketplace (UNGM) with the UN Secretariat, and to express their interest in participating in the advertised solicitation.
Vendors who are interested in participating in any future solicitations are requested to register first in the United Nations Global Marketplace (UNGM).
Vendors who are registered with UNGM and who are interested in participating in any of the advertised solicitations are encouraged to express their interest to UNITAR Administration and Procurement Section in writing as soon as possible, to the following fax number +41(0)22 917 8047 or/and email: firstname.lastname@example.org