10 September 2012, Geneva, Switzerland — The concept of a green economy is receiving increasing international attention, as countries explore new patterns of development that take into account economic, social and environmental sustainability considerations.
In response to the high need for training in this area, the United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) in partnership with the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) will deliver a second edition of the e-learning course “Introduction to a Green Economy: Concepts and Applications”, from 8 October to 30 November 2012.
Deadline for registration is 30 September 2012.
- Define the concept of a green economy and explain its value
- Identify enabling conditions for greening national economies
- Identify principal challenges and opportunities for greening key economic sectors
- Describe national planning processes in support of a green transformation
- Recognize the range of international and regional green initiatives and support services to foster green development
- Apply the green economy concept to a real world economic, policy and/or personal context