Uruguay to hold nanotechnology workshop as part of national pilot project
10 April 2012, Montevideo, Uruguay – The Laboratorio Tecnológico del Uruguay (LATU) and the Basel Convention Coordinating Center-Stockholm Convention Regional Center for the Latin America and Caribbean in early 2012, signed a joint agreement to promote training and capacity building for the development of a nano-safety pilot project in Uruguay, financially supported by the Government of Switzerland. The 12-month project will include the following activities:
• Establishment of a Nano Safety Project Committee to support coordination efforts
• Project inception and nano awareness raising workshop
• Development of a Nano safety and waste management assessment
• Developing elements of a national nano safety policy
• Targeted nano safety training
• Project Endorsement Workshop
It is expected that initial results and lessons learned from the project will be presented to the third session of the International Conference on Chemicals Management (ICCM-3) in September 2012.
The project inception workshop will take place on 18 April 2012 where this emerging technology will be discussed with regard to a strategic nano-safety plan, as well as developing a nanosafety roadmap.
25 Feb 2014
18 Feb 2014
12 Feb 2014