- UNITAR Division for Prosperity will host an online conference "Empower the Youth: Fostering Inclusive Entrepreneurship in Iraq" on 25 March 2022.
- In partnership with The Station and KAPITA, the conference will cover topics on the current entrepreneurial situation – trends, opportunities, and challenges in Iraq.
- Young entrepreneurs, institutional leaders, and stakeholders are encouraged to join the virtual event to influence the growth of an inclusive and sustainable economy to create and improve their businesses.
18 March 2022, Hiroshima, Japan – UNITAR Division for Prosperity is hosting an online conference "Empower the Youth: Fostering Inclusive Entrepreneurship in Iraq" in partnership with The Station and KAPITA. The 2-hour session will cover entrepreneurship trends through technology and innovation to promote and support an inclusive entrepreneurship for women, the youth and the unemployed, regardless of one’s social and economic background.
The virtual conference will be held on 25 March 2022 at 10am to 12pm (AST) / 4pm-6pm (JST). It will be delivered in English.
- 1st session: Profiling the Entrepreneurial Ecosystem in Iraq
- 2nd session: Profiling Iraq’s Entrepreneurs
- Moderated by Clare Gately, Professor of Entrepreneurship and Innovation at Waterford Institute of Technology (WIT), Ireland
Established and aspiring entrepreneurs in Iraq, entrepreneurial organizations, and stakeholders are highly encouraged to join the conference. Leaders in public and private sector who seek to utilize entrepreneurship for growth and empowerment are also welcome to join the conference. There will also be an open discussion on opportunities and challenges present in the current entrepreneurial ecosystem in Iraq.
Register here: Conference Registration