5 October 2015, Geneva, Switzerland - UNITAR in collaboration with the GEF-LDCF funded UNDP-UNEP National Adaptation Plan (NAP) Global Support Programme (GSP) expands its on-line tool-box to improve countries’ accessibility to knowledge and resources for adaptation planning and decision-making.
Three NAP case studies have been developed to synthesize and facilitate the sharing of good practices and lessons learned from developing countries engaged in the NAP process.
Image 1: Front slide of the Malawi NAP case study accessible at http://unccelearn.org/NAP-Casestudies/Malawi/story.html
The case studies focus on the following topics:
- NAP Implementation Challenges in Malawi
- Enhanced Governance for Climate Finance in Cambodia
- Skills Assessment for National Adaptation Planning in Niger
Image 2: Front slide of the Cambodia NAP case study accessible at http://unccelearn.org/NAP-Casestudies/Cambodia/story.html
Image3: Front slide of the Niger NAP case study accessible at http://unccelearn.org/NAP-Casestudies/Niger/story.html
The case studies are navigable and highly interactive. They make use of infographics, video and audio-files to facilitate learning and knowledge sharing. These tools can be used in multiple ways:
- In conjunction with UN CC:Learn e-course as a cross-learning source;
- For capacity development and training activities;
- As stand-alone knowledge products.
Image 4: Info-graphic from the Malawi NAP case study
For further information, please contact Mr. Angus Mackay at email@example.com.