Data management and visualization, Partnerships and Resource Mobilization Unit (Traineeship) - Geneva, Switzerland
This is a non-remunerated position. However, a monthly allowance of CHF700 is paid to all trainees.
The United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) pursues a strong partnership strategy to deliver on its mandate to strengthen the capacities of beneficiaries through training and related activities, with more than two-thirds of training beneficiary outputs delivered in partnership. In doing so, the Institute concludes more than 270 financial and non-financial agreements each year with various entities, including agreements with donors, implementing partners and other strategic entities.
The Partnerships and Resource Mobilization Unit (PRMU) is located in the Division for Strategic Planning and Performance. Among its various functions, the unit reviews draft agreements and issues recommendations to programme units to ensure that applicable rules, regulations and procedures are followed with financial and non-financial agreements, and that general quality standards are followed with agreements and project documents. The unit is also responsible for ensuring agreements and related documents and reports are recorded accurately in the Institute’s centralized project repository; monitoring agreements regularly for compliance with reporting requirements; raising awareness among UNITAR personnel on partnership related procedures and policies; and highlighting good practices in partnership development and management.
The incumbent will support PRMU by contributing to the strengthening of institutional memory and performance reporting on partnerships to donors, partners and the wider community.
Responsibilities/Description of Professional Services
- Supporting the creation of PRMU space at UNITAR’s website by doing desk research, providing design conceptions, drafting of sections on the different type of partnerships, donors, implementing partners and projects’ impact;
- Support the recording of partnership agreements information, donor contacts and reporting dates in the centralized project repository;
- Support the migration of information of all non-financial agreements for recording in the centralized project repository;
- Monitor the accuracy of the centralized project repository and identify missing information;
- Compiling statistics and analysis of specific aspects of partnerships;
- Liaising with programme units in showcasing innovative partnerships contributing to the Sustainable Development Goals; and
- Other responsibilities as required.
Measurable outputs/deliverables/schedule of deliverables
- Contribute to the preparation of PRMU website section through writing/editing and data visualization;
- Contribute to the accurate recording and effective storage of partnership agreements;
- Contribute to the strengthening of institutional memory and performance reporting on partnerships;
- Contribution to preparation of reports (data collection, analysis, data visualizations) when needed;
- Contribution to the preparation of infographics;
- Contribute to the development of tools for staff guidance on UNITAR policies such as FAQs and summaries;
- Contribute to the drafting of partnership-related illustrations and good practices for internal and external purposes.
To be further adapted to the work plan to be defined with the trainee at the start of the contract.
Performance indicators for evaluation of results
- PRMU section at UNITAR’s website developed;
- All Non-financial Agreements available in the centralized project repository;
- Centralized project repository up to date;
- Two guidance tools/partnership illustrations developed.
At the end of the assignment, the incumbent should be able to:
- Recognize the different types of UN partnerships, donors and implementing partners;
- Be familiar with data management;
- Enhance writing and analytical skills;
- Gain insight of results and impacts of UNITAR work;
- Enhance team-work skills with colleagues in a multicultural environment.
Note: The above learning objectives are indicative and may be adjusted depending on the specific nature of the work to be conducted.
- Academic and/or professional background in business administration, marketing, communications or a related subject;
- Demonstrated interest in communications and instructional and graphic design; creative and professional approach;
- High level of individual responsibility, commitment, and initiative;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details;
- Availability for 6 months, full-time;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English.
- Experience in web design and/or data management is an asset;
- Knowledge of French is an asset.
The trainee will be reporting to the Associate Programme Officer, Partnerships and Resource Mobilization Unit.
General conditions of contracts for the service of Traineeship apply.
Please send your CV and letter of motivation to email@example.com quoting 'Traineeship' in the subject line. Due to the high number of applications expected, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.