Data planning (Consultant) - Home-based
Fees: to be defined in accordance with competences and experience of the candidate (payment for the finished product).
Area of Specialization/Thematic Areas
Overview (quick description of the funded project and its context)
The Strategic Implementation of the 2030 Agenda Unit is part of UNITAR’s Division for Satellite Analysis and Applied Research. The Unit is supporting the holistic and evidence-based implementation of the 2030 Agenda and SDGs through training, learning, advisory services and multi-stakeholder engagement. In the context of this initiative, UNITAR is designing and delivering training and stakeholder workshops, offering tailored methodological support and developing and delivering e-learning to support the mainstreaming and implementation of the 2030 Agenda in UN Member States. An important part of the work is related to supporting monitoring of the SDGs.
UNITAR has developed an online StaTact tool to support short term statistical planning at country level. The tool is being upgraded and will be used in a national pilot/pilots and subsequently in webinars under one of the main result areas of the Capacity for the 2030 Agenda 2.0.
General objectives of the contract
Under the supervision of the Senior Specialist, Strategic Implementation of the 2030 Agenda Unit, the consultant will provide advisory services in the area of statistical planning, co-facilitate working groups and deliver trainings.
Responsibilities/description of professional services
More specifically, the consultant will
- Participate in the planning and preparation of national StaTact pilot/s online;
- Support the delivery of the pilot/s online, including through analysis and facilitation;
- Contribute to report writing on the national pilot/s;
- Contribute to the design and delivery as trainer of a global or regional webinar on upgraded StaTact;
- Contribute to report writing on the webinar.
Measurable outputs/deliverables/schedule of deliverables
- Technical advice and inputs during the preparation of the national pilot/s;
- Participation in the delivery of national pilot/s;
- Pilot workshop/s report/s;
- Contribute to th design of a global/regional webinar;
- Participation in the delivery of the webinar;
- Webinar report.
Performance Indicators for evaluation of results
- Relevance of advice and guidance to country context;
- Effectiveness of facilitation and training design;
- Content reflects most-up-to-date information and practice;
- Pedagogical guidance from UNITAR is reflected to ensure compliance with the Quality Assurance Framework of UNITAR;
- Timeliness of deliverables.
The consultant will report to the Senior Specialist, Strategic Implementation of the 2030 Agenda Unit.
Master or PhD in Statistics or another quantitative discipline.
Minimum 7-10 years of work experience in official statistics, and more specifically in national statistical planning, governance, user engagement. Experience with training facilitation is an advantage.
Fluency in written and oral English is required.
As soon as possible.
General conditions of contracts for the service of consultants and individual contractors apply.
Please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com by 27 September 2020.