Traineeship - Private Sector Engagement
Learning, Sustainable Development Goals and private sector engagement
The Strategic Implementation of the 2030 Agenda Unit of UNITAR is supporting the holistic and evidence-based implementation of the 2030 Agenda and SDGs through training, learning, advisory services and multi-stakeholder engagement. It is designing and delivering e-learning courses, face-to-face training and stakeholder workshops, offering tailored methodological support and developing and delivering e-learning to support the mainstreaming and implementation of the 2030 Agenda in UN Member States by public, private and civil society sectors.
Learning and training offer for private sector and in particular small and medium-sized enterprises is one of the areas under development by the Unit.
The incumbent will join the team in charge of the delivery of e-learning and face-to-face training events and will have an opportunity to contribute professionally to the output while strengthening her/his knowledge and gaining practical experience. The incumbent will gain competencies in: private sector approaches to integrating sustainability, as well as in training and learning methodology, technology-and enhanced learning.
The traineeship is for a period of six months and is home-based, until further notice that working at UNITAR headquarters is allowed for trainees depending on the COVID-19 related situation in Switzerland. In line with UN rules and regulations, trainees are gratis personnel.
Under the supervision of the Senior Specialist, Strategic Implementation of the 2030 Agenda, the trainee will be involved in the development of the learning and training services for private sector and the administration and delivery of courses and events as may be required.
- Support research and content development for learning products aimed at private sector companies related to mainstreaming sustainability;
- Contribute to instructional design for new learning products and services for private sector and learning products for other audiences;
- Contribute proof-reading, text and visual editing and translations as may be relevant related to private sector and learning products for other audiences;
- Support the administration and coordination of courses and events, including logistics and communications;
- Support the coordination of the work around private sector engagement and initiatives;
- Support the development of project proposals and implementation of the planned project activities as may be applicable.
Upon completion of the traineeship, the incumbent will:
- Have improved skills related to the design of adult learning products and adult learning management;
- Have strengthened his/her knowledge of the SDGs and in particular good practices for private sector companies in this area;
- Gained direct experience in working within an international team of UN experts and staff.
The trainee will be reporting to the Senior Specialist, Strategic Implementation of the 2030 Agenda Unit.
- A Master-level degree as a minimum – currently enrolled or obtained - in business or economics.
- The trainee should be interested in working on business development and sustainability and should have strong analytical, research and drafting skills. The trainee should also possess organizational, and technical skills to assist with the delivery and organization of courses, working knowledge of MS Office package and computer skills to deal with e-Learning tools.
- Fluent English is required, fluent French, Spanish or other official UN language is desirable.
Costs and arrangements for travel, visas, accommodation, and living expenses are the responsibilities of trainees and their sponsoring institutions.
In order to cover transportation or other miscellaneous expenses during the traineeship, a monthly lump-sum of 700 CHF will be provided by UNITAR.
Trainees are not considered as staff members and shall not represent the Institute in any official capacity.
Send your CV or P11 and motivation letter to email@example.com quoting 'Traineeship – Private Sector Engagement' in your subject line.