Administration & Procurement Clerk – G3
Title: Administration & Procurement Clerk – G3
Unit/Department: Administration & Procurement Section, Operations Unit
Deadline for applications: 19 October 2013
Date of issuance: 20 September 2013
Duty Station: Geneva, Switzerland
Remuneration: In accordance with UN rules and regulations
Accountabilities: Under the supervision of the Administration & Procurement Assistant, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
1. Provide support to the procurement process in goods and services as well as administrative support, focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Assist in preparing pre-encumbrances, purchase orders for goods and services,ensuring correct objects of expenditure and availability of funds.
- Assist in ordering office supplies and mobile phones.
- Ensure timely delivery of goods and services.
- Assist to ensure proper bidding procedures.
- Assist in physical verification of office equipment to ensure accuracy of inventory.
- Assist in issuing property receipts for goods.
- Assist in the identification of vendors for supplies/services.
- Assist in maintaining the files and records relevant to procurement and inventory.
- Perform any other related duties as assigned.
In order to:
Ensure goods and services are delivered on time.
Ensure UNITAR Non expendable property report is in reconciliation with UNOG report.
2. Provide accounting and administrate support, focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Initiate and assist in the processing of various financial transactions such as payments to governments, partners for grants.
- Prepare pre-encumbrances and obligations in IMIS.
- Prepare invoices to other organizations/agencies.
- Prepare, process and follow-up on administrative arrangement/forms related to official travels and workshops, i.e. travel authorizations, calculate terminal expenses, daily subsistence allowance for staff, consultants and meeting participants and prepare rosters.
- Liaise with Participants/Vendors/Third parties etc. to obtain index numbers.
- Analyse bank details for accuracy and correctness and send to UNOG via BIRD.
- Distribute incoming mail/faxes to the concerned programme.
- Provide general administrative and secretarial support.
- Draft, prepare memoranda and /or faxes to various offices, UNOG, etc.
- Prepare and send acknowledgement letters along with official receipts to donors.
- Coordinate office moves and movement of office furniture with UNOG.
- Assist in the maintenance of Photocopier and Fax machine including ordering of toners and papers.
- Assist in settling the telephone charges (fixed and mobile); extract call details from ICTS site and sort by programme.
- Assist in ordering various administrative forms from UNOG.
- Maintain the office supplies.
- Assist in archiving inactive documents/files.
- Maintain an organized and updated filing system for correspondence, documents, computer office files, reference materials, files of rules, regulations, administrative instructions and other related documentation etc.
- Perform other duties as may be required by the Chief of the Section.
In order to:
Ensure that all day to day procedures in planning and implementation are conducted in a timely manner and in line with rules and regulations of UNITAR.
Work implies frequent interaction with the following/Supervision:
Work will be delegated by the Chief of Administration and Procurement Section or other senior staff in the section. The incumbent will work with several different UNITAR Programmes which necessitates flexibility and the need to adjust work schedules according to multiple and different demands. Workload is higher during the period before conferences. Workflows will be regulated by the Chief of the section.
There will also be interaction with finance counterparts at UNOG, and programme, Finance & Budget Section and HR staff within UNITAR.
Results Expected: Ensuring transactions are processed smoothly and timely. Work to be produced efficiently and professionally. Effective and timely liaison and interaction with colleagues and concerned parties internally and externally.
Professionalism – Basic knowledge and experience in the field of administration and/or procurement.
Planning & Organizing – Effective time management and ability to plan own work to meet designated deadlines.
Communications – Good computer skills; knowledge of Excel, Word processing, spread sheets, and Outlook for e-mail and calendar functions.
Teamwork – Good interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
Education: Completions of high school or equivalent diploma. Relevant combination of qualifications and relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of high school diploma.
Experience: At least 2 years of experience in the field of administration, procurement, or related field. Experience within the UN system is desirable.
Language: Fluency in spoken and written English and French; knowledge of Spanish or another UN official language is an asset.
UNITAR shall place no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs. (Charter of the United Nations - Chapter 3, article 8). English and French are the two working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. Priority will be given to the applicants from the under represented regions at UNITAR. There will be a probation period of 3 months.
How to apply:
All applicants are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible after the vacancy has been posted and well before the deadline stated in the vacancy announcement. A letter of motivation as well as the P11 form/ Curriculum Vitae are to be sent to:
UN staff members must submit copies of their latest Performance Appraisal System (PAS) report at the time of application.