The Sustainable Development Goals are the most important agenda for the coming 12 years. There is not one discipline that falls outside of the opportunity to shape a better world. Because there is not one profession that exists outside of our world.
Yet educators are challenged to connect information with values and actions, which cannot be achieved until we develop a real paradigm shift.
How can educators of the new generation be prepared to develop this new mindset with their students?
At the end of the seminar, participants will be able to:
- Explain the core elements of the sustainability mindset.
- Understand the values that anchor us in un-sustainability.
- Identify the leverage points of the old and the new worldview.
- Identify ways to incorporate the mindset into their courses.
- Appreciate the opportunity to work with and learn from a diverse group of peers who share their interest and passion for developing a new generation of professionals.
The seminar consists of the following sessions:
- What is the Sustainability Mindset? (SM)
- Research findings
- Elements and Model of the SM Values and Anchors of U
- Leverage points – Sustainable Development Goals
- Pedagogical instruments and approaches for a SM in Action
- Identify ways to incorporate SM into your courses
- Practical Implications
- Making Meaningful Dialogue
- Next Steps
- Enjoy the traditional Tuscan Cuisine – local, and organic
- Visit a winery and participate in a demo-wine tasting
- Visit an exemplary Sustainable Farm in San Martino and have lunch on the premises
- Participate in a hike amidst hills and vineyards
The seminar emphasis will be placed on short presentations that will be combined with a series of interactive training tools, peer coaching and opportunities for networking.
This interactive, experiential and teaching-centered workshop is designed for educators of all disciplines, who see their role in developing a new generation of change accelerators, shaping the world they want to live in.
- Welcome Dinner - July 23
- Lunch - July 24
- Wine Tasting - July 24
- Tuscan Dinner- July 24
- Visit to San Martino Farm - July 25
- Lunch at Farm - All meals include beverages. Taxes and tips are included in package.
*Lodging is not included.
Registration opens: March 1, 2018.
$600 before 30th April, $650 after 30th April
DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE: Participants staying on for the Academic Learning Lab, July 26 - 28, 2018, will enjoy a USD $100 discount on the total.