Introduction to International Environmental Law
Duración del evento:
Event focal point email:
Otros detalles del evento:
The registration is closed
Deadline for registration: 24 Septiembre 2014
Multilateral Environmental Agreements (MEAs) are the predominant legal method for addressing transboundary environmental problems. Nowadays States, particularly least developed and developing countries, face the challenge of implementing over 300 MEAs with limited technical, financial and human resources. For the adequate application of and compliance with MEAs at national level, there is a need to develop specific capacities on environmental law and raise the level of awareness in the field.
Objetivos del Evento
Objetivos de Aprendizaje
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Define the role and importance of international law in the protection of the environment and identify the main actors involved in the development of IEL.
- Describe the historical evolution of IEL and identify the key legal instruments in its evolution.
- Identify the mechanisms and techniques established to ensure compliance with environmental obligations.
- Differentiate between the different sources of international environmental law.
- Analyze the major principles and emerging concepts of IEL and apply them to concrete situations.
Contenido y Estructura
The course is composed of five lessons corresponding to 20 learning hours.
The course design allows participants to actively interact with their peers and the moderator. Guided discussion forums are organized on selected topics to allow experience and knowledge sharing. Participants also have the opportunity to work with practical examples, analysing case studies and conducting short research.
- Public - by registration
- Public - by application
- Private - by invitation
- Open to register/apply
Modelo de Aprendizaje
- Cara a cara (presencial)