This interactive online workshop taking place during three consecutive half days is meant to provide information and knowledge on the topic Women’s Leadership.
The e-workshop aims to promote gender equality and women’s full and effective participation and leadership at all levels of decision-making. This is an opportunity for participants to build essential personal leadership skills and qualities in order to thrive in leadership positions. Societal and economic factors might be obstacles for women to have ease of access to obtain these necessary skills.
Traditional gender stereotypes exclude women from power or restrict them to governance positions of ‘soft’ areas. Focusing on women empowerment and gender equality has a massive multiplier effect, including promoting peace and security, providing equal opportunities in society and the labour market, and achieving sustainable development for developing countries.
The e-workshop will take place at 13.00-17.00 (CET) for the three days, 10-12 November 2020, (approximately 12 training hours total).
The e-workshop will discover different themes of Women’s Leadership and all participants will take part in highly interactive exercises in order to further enhance the participants’ understanding of the topic.
By the end of this e-workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand the power of perception; self and social awareness and emotional intelligence in identifying and owning one’s own strengths and skills;
- Identify damaging cognitive and psychological biases personal and professional confidence and development;
- Acquire vital Leadership competencies to empower and influence: Executive presence and effective communication methods (Verbal and Non-Verbal);
- Determine primary skills for women in leadership and ‘breaking the glass ceiling’.
This e-workshop will take place at 13.00-17.00 (CET) during three half days from 10-12 November 2020. The programme is devoted to educating on women’s leadership, covering topics such as:
- Executive Deportment, Body Language; Corporate Communication and Conversational Intelligence for Women in Leadership
- Social and Emotional Intelligence; Corporate Communication and Conversational Intelligence
- Discover, unleash and create unchartered personal development terrain: Harness Inner Self-confidence and Self-belief
- Proven techniques to overcome inner fear and self -doubt
- As women, are we standing in the way of our own development and emotional freedom?
- What/ who is holding you back? And why?
- Understand the importance of Self-Awareness in identifying and owning one’s own strengths and skills
- Understand the primary fundamentals of gender and inter-cultural behavior, emotions, roles and how to adapt and work together to co-create a healthy: gender-neutral workspace
- Create a vision board: Action plan of personal enhancement
Nicole is an internationally experienced Corporate Trainer for Management and Leadership Development (Executive Educator); Certified Executive Coach through Marshall Goldsmith Stakeholder Centered Coaching (California, USA); Accredited Neuro Linguistic Programming Practitioner (Dubai, UAE); Registered assessor for ILM (Institute of Leadership and Management through City & Guilds (United Kingdom).
Her degree in Communication Science incorporated various elements of organisational and social psychology, as well as International Communication and Inter-cultural Organisational Communication Science among others.
Nicole specialises in various fields such as: Advanced Communication, Business Women Empowerment in the workplace; Train-the-Trainer, Advanced Emotional Intelligence, Neuro-Linguistic Programming, Executive Presence and Visibility, Advanced Presentation Skills, Confidence and Communication Development, Executive Leadership Development, Organisational Psychology and Behaviour; Employee Motivation and Engagement, Mentoring and Coaching
Nicole is Irish (EU) national born and raised in Johannesburg, South Africa. She began her training career in 1997 counselling and up-skilling American youth in Leadership at the YMCA Camp Thunderbird in Lake Wylie, South Carolina, USA. She also headed up the Acting and Drama Programme focusing on confidence and public performance development. Thereafter she went on to become a Business Development Manager for Clube Praia Da Oura Algarve, Portugal.
She continued gaining international experience when she relocated to Dubai, UAE in 2009, immediately building knowledge and a better understanding of Middle Eastern markets and culture.
Nicole relocated to Muscat, The Sultanate of Oman in 2011 and has since played an instrumental role in training Omani nationals and expatriates alike towards the sustainable development of the private sector and closing Omanisation gaps within all levels of management and leadership development.
In April 2018, Nicole was selected as one of 10 International Speakers to host a TED TALK for TEDX Muscat Live on: The importance of contributing to a greener society. As a result, Nicole has gained international acclaim as well as local respect from the expatriate and local communities in Oman.
This e-workshop will take place on the platform Zoom and will be facilitated by an expert on the theme during three half days. The material presented in the workshop will be interactive and assignments will be given for participants to further advance their knowledge.
Participants successfully completing the e-workshop will be awarded a certificate of participation.
The course is open for anyone with an interest to discover and gain more knowledge about the selected topic. No prior knowledge or skills are needed to participate.
Please note that there are limited spots available for this e-workshop.
UNITAR will not provide refunds for customers who face technical issues beyond UNITAR's direct control. UNITAR recommends that all prospective participants test Zoom for free at Zoom.us prior to confirming their payment.
Basic system requirements:
- Stable internet connection
- Speakers and a microphone
- A webcam or HD webcam
- Or, a HD cam or HD camcorder with video capture card
Please see further information about all technical requirements for participating in this e-workshop here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362023-System-Requirements-for-PC-Mac-and-Linux
A limited amount of fellowships are available for applicants from Low and Lower-middle income countries, according to the World Bank Atlas method classification, upon selection.
Please contact email@example.com if you meet these requirements.