Climate Finance, or its other denominations, Sustainable Finance or Green Financing, aims to finance mitigation, adaptation and resilience to climate change projects, as well as actions that help achieve the Sustainable Development Goals.
As of September 25, 2015, and December 12, 2015, the signing of the Sustainable Development Objectives and the Paris Climate Agreement motivated the investor community of the developed world to "green" their portfolios. Investment, generating an offer of billions of dollars, to be applied to this type of projects.
This "rain" of dollars, which began to grow exponentially since the end of 2015, is called "the big bang of finance," or "the silent revolution." It is time to be trained and prepared to take advantage of this huge offer of funds, which comes with a lot of appetite for being applied to fund projects.
The seminar aims to achieve the following objectives:
- Train officials and professionals in the steps to take green financing
- Evaluate the advantages of this type of financing
- Fully train company officials and local municipal authorities so that they can have a thorough education and general culture related to green, climate or sustainable financing.
- Train to evaluate the different green financing alternatives and be able to determine their suitability.
- Know how to make this type of financing visible in the light of the trend of the ODS and the Paris Climate Agreement.
At the end of the Seminar participants will be able to:
- Evaluate future investments or actions in light of the trend of ODS
- Recognize and promote actions for sustainable development
- Apply Green Financing
- To form and be active promoters of the climatic culture
The Training on Climate Finance and Green Bonds will address the following topics:
- Module 1: Understanding Climate Finance
- Module 2: Setting a Price for Carbon Emissions
- Module 3: Green Bond Market and Sustainable Finance Principles
- Module 4: Green Investors, Green Investment Fund and Green Projects
- Module 5: Steps, Actions and Decisions to Take to Generate a Green Bond
The learning activities will be delivered through lectures from experts, as well as practical workshops to build learning such as exercises, tasks, case studies, etc.
The targeted audience includes intendants, high-ranking state employees and employees of contracting companies, journalists, and the general public.
The seminar has a fee of USD 5,878. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org