As the aviation industry continues to grow at an accelerating rate worldwide, there is an increased need for airports in developing countries to reexamine and improve their practices in terms of operations, economics, management, safety and security. Each year, the Airports Council International and CIFAL Atlanta hosts a number of conferences and seminars focused on enhancing airport services and security in developing nations. The aim of this seminar is to assist airport officials in developing countries in achieving meaningful and sustainable results in emergency planning via the event and learning objectives highlighted below.
This event seeks to bring together airport officials from all over the world to learn contemporary techniques and international trends in the use of airports as engines of economic development. In addition to substantive knowledge transfer, the event hopes to foster an atmosphere of dialogue where best practices are shared.
At the end of the seminar, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the airport business drivers
- Identify global best practices for the purpose of optimizing airport revenue generation and related revenue management
- Identify the opportunities available to airport management to enhance all airport revenue sources including airline, non-aeronautical, and service delivery to third-parties
- Provide an overview of modern technologies available for airports in order to maximize revenues
- Ensure effective planning and use of terminal space and airport surrounding areas to promote economic development
The seminar consists of the following sessions:
- Strategies for Successful Passenger and Air Cargo Air Service Development
- Importance of Efficient Airport Operations to support a Robust Air Service Development Program
- Partnering with Airlines in Air Service
- Air Service as a Vital Link to Economic Development
- Best Practices and Tools to Build Long-term Relations Between Airports and Airlines
- The International and European Aviation Market
- Professional Development
The learning activities for this seminar include sessions consisting of short presentations, participant dialogue and activities including hands-on training exercises, all of which are complemented by networking elements before and after sessions.
This seminar targets airport officials from developing countries, including general managers, operators/owners, COOs and CFOs, and other senior leadership.