As the aviation industry continues to grow at an accelerating rate worldwide, there is an increased need for airports in developing countries to reexamine and improve their practices in terms of operations, economics, management, safety and security. Each year, the Airports Council International hosts a number of conferences and seminars focused on enhancing airport services and security in developing nations, and CIFAL Atlanta has been a long-time partner of ACI in providing these programs. The aim of this seminar is to assist airport officials in developing countries in achieving meaningful and sustainable results in emergency planning via the event and learning objectives highlighted below.
This seminar will focus on airport emergency action planning and will enable participants to identify the essential steps needed in improving their airport operations in preparation for emergency airport events. At the end of this course, participants will be able to
- Identify landside, airside and terminal management operations that best support sustainable airport emergency planning practices.
- Identify airfield and general maintenance best practices.
- Recognize the roles that police bomb squads, K9 units, Centralized Control and Command Centers (C4), Aircraft Rescue and Fire Fighting (ARFF) and Emergency Medical Services (EMS) all play during an emergency event.
- Implement airport public safety and security practices at the local level, inclusive of access control, badging, TSA checkpoints, baggage handling and compliance systems.
The seminar consists of the following seven sessions:
- Operations Training including: Landside Operations, Airside Operations and Terminal Management
- Management Training including: Airfield Maintenance and General Maintenance (FOD removal, airport repairs)
- Public Safety & Security including: Security (Access Control, Compliance, and Badging)
- Public Safety & Security including: Police (Bomb Squad and K9 Unit), Centralized Command and Control Center (C4)
- Public Safety & Security including: Fire (ARFF Operations, Inspections, EMS and Training)
- Airport Tour: Baggage Handling, TSA Checkpoint
- Big Bird Emergency Exercise
The learning activities for this seminar include sessions consisting of short presentations, participant dialogue and activities including hands-on training exercises, all of which are complemented by networking elements before and after sessions.
This seminar targets airport officials from developing countries worldwide, including general managers, operators/owners, COOs and CFOs, and other senior leadership.
Please note that the training is only open to airport officials from developing countries, including general managers, operators/owners, COOs and CFOs, and other senior leadership.