Young Green Generation (YouGene) is a 6 days 5 nights community outreach workshop for youths aged between 18 – 25, which emphasizes Goal 12 of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
This program aims to train and empower 15 selected youths around Malaysia as community ambassadors for sustainable development. Hence, through YouGene, youths will be taught on sustainable farming practices as well as permaculture values. Activities throughout this program includes invited speakers series on the sustainable development agendas, natural farming workshops, site visits, community work, leadership development sessions and also several interactive fun team activities. YouGene will also foresee participants implementing learned knowledge by constructing a model garden in groups, during one of the sessions.
At the end of CIFAL Atlanta’s presentation, participants will be able to:
- Describe the origins and purpose of the SDGs
- Identify key challenges in implementing Sustainable Development Goals
- Create space for ideas to emerge on how to prepare for an efficient and holistic implementation of the Goals within their own schools and communities.
- Recognize how Malaysian youth leaders can harness their influencing power to help shape a new, sustainable society
The presentation will consist of the following components:
- Background on the CIFAL Global Network and UNITAR.
- History of the UN-MDGs
- Background of the SDGs
- The role of young leaders in Malaysia and how they can be engaged in the goals of the Agenda.
A presentation will be given and will include visual aids. Questions, answers and dialogue will be integrated and encouraged.
This conference and webinar targets young leaders in Malaysia aged 18-25.