- To raise awareness in Korea about the concept of ‘policy coherence’ and its implications;
- To discuss the current status of government policies on migration in different government ministries;
- To examine how different ministries deal with migration in their own administrative area.
The seminar includes sessions that aim to cover the following topics:
- Linkages between international migration and development
- Local migration and development
- Status of policies on migration and development
Presentations by different Government Ministries:
- Policy Coherence for Immigration and Development (Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
- Policy Coherence for Employment Permit System and Development (Ministry of Employment and Labor)
The seminar will be delivered through presentations by government officials, roundtable discussions and experts lectures.
National government officials responsible for offices that deal with immigration related issues.