The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), also known as the Global Goals, were adopted by all United Nations Member States in 2015 as a universal call to action to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure that all people enjoy peace and prosperity by 2030.
The 17 SDGs are integrated—that is, they recognize that action in one area will affect outcomes in others, and that development must balance social, economic and environmental sustainability.
The main objective of the course is the dissemination of the SDGs, their targets and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development at different levels, including public, private and third sectors.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
· Describe the SDGs and the 2030 Agenda
· Understand the concept of sustainability
The course is divided in 4 modules:
- MODULE 1. Millenium Development Objectives and Sustainable Development Goals
- MODULE 2. 17 Objectives to Transform the World
- MODULE 3. Strategies to not let anyone behind
- MODULE 4. Frequently asked questions
This course program is based on a 4-module format that allows working in theoretical and practical activities.
The course is addressed to all sectors of society, including, public, private, academia and third sectors.