Disclaimer: To register for the 2019 version of this course, please click on the new link here: https://www.unitar.org/event/full-catalog/conflict-series-2-conflict-analysis-ptp201902e
The second of a series of three, this course delves into conflict analysis. The goal of this chapter is to give the learner a basic understanding of the importance of conflict analysis, and a set of tools and methods to start conducting their own.
- Illustrate the importance of Conflict analysis;
- Describe the levels, spheres, causes of conflict and categories of actors involved in Conflict analysis.
The course is composed of three sections:
- Section 1: The importance of conflict analysis
- Section 2: Levels and spheres of conflict analysis
- Section 3: Three steps of conflict analysis
The course is a self-guided, self-paced, web-based course that is on-going and can be accessed at any time. The material is presented in an interactive visual and text format with web-based reference resources. Multiple choice quizzes at the end of each lesson serve a dual function of assessing and evaluating the students’ understanding and retention and provide a further didactic function by reviewing the content.
Secondary audience: The course is geared towards anyone who wishes to garner a baggage of basic knowledge to then pursue more advanced courses in conflictology, notably UNITAR’s Master Degree in Conflictology.
- Platform: Windows 95, 98, 2000, NT, ME, XP or superior; MacOS 9 or MacOS X; Linux
- Hardware: 64 MB of RAM, 1 GB of free disk space
- Browser: Internet Explorer 7 or higher (click here to download for free); it works better with Firefox 3.6 or higher (click here to download for free)
- Modem: 56 K
You will receive an email with the detailed information on how to access the course within 48 hours from the registration.