The project Capacity Development for Adaptation to Climate Change & GHG Mitigation in Non-Annex I Countries (C3D+) seeks to improve the capacity of research and training institutions in developing countries to support climate change adaptation and mitigation action.
The project brings together nine organizations located in Africa, Asia, Europe, the Pacific and the Caribbean, to collectively form a knowledge and capacity development network, where each Centre contributes its specialized experience to develop and apply tools and methodologies to support decision-making for climate change adaptation and mitigation.
The Side Event will present the tools and methodologies developed by the partners to support and facilitate decision-making for climate change. Furthermore the partner organizations will discuss the lessons learned and the challenges of North-South-South collaboration.
The Side Event is organized for participants attending the Doha United Nations Climate Change Conference, COP 18, who are interested in learning about existing tools and methodologies to support climate change decision-making and curious about how to sustain institutional collaboration.
The C3D+ Project activities are financed by the European Commission, The Austrian Development Agency and the Swiss Federal Office for the Environment.
The nine C3D+ Partners include:
- Caribbean Community Climate Change Centre (CCCCC)
- Centre for International Forestry Research (CIFOR)
- Climate Systems Analysis Group - University of Cape Town (CSAG-UCT)
- Energy Research Centre - University of Cape Town (ERC-UCT)
- Environnement et Développement du Tiers Monde (ENDA-TM)
- Munasinghe Institute for Development (MIND)
- International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD)
- South Pacific Regional Environment Programme (SPREP)
- Stockholm Environment Institute (SEI)