This interactive online workshop taking place during three consecutive half days is meant to provide information and knowledge on the topic Women’s Leadership.
The e-workshop aims to promote gender equality and women’s full and effective participation and leadership at all levels of decision-making. This is an opportunity for participants to build essential personal leadership skills and qualities in order to thrive in leadership positions. Societal and economic factors might be obstacles for women to have ease of access to obtain these necessary skills.
Traditional gender stereotypes exclude women from power or restrict them to governance positions of ‘soft’ areas. Focusing on women empowerment and gender equality has a massive multiplier effect, including promoting peace and security, providing equal opportunities in society and the labour market, and achieving sustainable development for developing countries.
The e-workshop will take place in the afternoon (CET) for the three days (approximately 12 training hours total).
The e-workshop will discover different themes of Women’s Leadership and all participants will take part in highly interactive exercises in order to further enhance the participants’ understanding of the topic.
By the end of this e-workshop, participants will be able to:
- Gain personal and professional insight and confidence in your own leadership role – about your strengths, challenges and opportunities as a female leader and how you can shape your role and expand your impact;
- Understand the importance of cultural factors for successful leadership and how gender plays a part, and acquire in-depth knowledge that will help you to navigate successfully in culturally diverse and international settings;
- Acquire a deep understanding about the nature, power of and diversity in motivation and how this is impacted by gender – built on empirical science;
- Be able to execute the 3 C’s of Leadership in order to optimise your unique leadership style as a female leader.
This e-workshop will take place in the afternoon (CET) during three half days from 18-20 May 2020. The programme is devoted to educating on women’s leadership, covering topics such as:
- What is leadership? Roots, views, importance and the 3 C’s;
- Female leadership: challenges, strengths, values and role models;
- International leadership in culturally diverse contexts: the cultural pyramid – layers of diversity and gender as a sub-culture, the male-female horizon;
- Your personal and cultural leadership style and their unique strengths: reflections, coaching and feedback (tailored to participants wishes and needs);
- Motivation: Self-confidence and women’s drive for/fear of success, female career motives, gender differences and consequences;
- How can female leadership be at the competitive edge?
The e-workshop will be taught by expert Marit Imeland Gjesme
Marit is an experienced intercultural business trainer, speaker and coach who globally supports people and diverse companies in utilizing their potential. Educated in organizational psychology and cultures, and with a 25 years long teaching & leadership career in both academia and business, she is currently supporting personal and organizational growth and executing training programs for various clients across diverse industries and business areas.
She has trained and coached people from more than 100 cultures, working all over Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and will use these experiences to help you becoming more confident in your leadership role. You will get a clearer understanding and confidence in how you may add real value to your teams and turn obstacles into competitive advantages. In this interactive online workshop, the focus will be on how women most successfully can enter, master and improve the often strongly male dominated business settings.
This e-workshop will take place on the platform Zoom and will be facilitated by an expert on the theme during two half days. The material presented in the workshop will be interactive and assignments will be given for participants to further advance their knowledge.
Participants successfully completing the e-workshop will be awarded a certificate of participation.
The course is open for anyone with an interest to discover and gain more knowledge about the selected topic. No prior knowledge or skills are needed to participate.
Please note that there are limited spots available for this e-workshop.
UNITAR will not provide refunds for customers who face technical issues beyond UNITAR's direct control. UNITAR recommends that all prospective participants test Zoom for free at Zoom.us prior to confirming their payment.
Basic system requirements:
- Stable internet connection
- Speakers and a microphone
- A webcam or HD webcam
- Or, a HD cam or HD camcorder with video capture card
Please see further information about all technical requirements for participating in this e-workshop here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362023-System-Requirements-for-PC-Mac-and-Linux
Organizations signing up four or more participants for an e-workshop will be eligible for a reduced fee per participant.
Registration of four or more participants for a three-half day e-workshop will receive a reduced fee of 100 USD/participant.
Registration of four or more participants for a two-half day e-workshop will receive a reduced fee of 50 USD/participant.
Individual participants signing up for more than one e-workshop at the same time will be eligible for the same discounts listed above (100 USD off for a three half day e-workshop and 50 USD off for a two half day e-workshop).
Discounts can ONLY be offered when paying via bank transfer (not credit card) and must be approved by sending a request to email@example.com