The course offers various lenses through which you can look at the complex concept of gender and the inequalities that exist in your environment.
- Define gender as socially embedded;
- Describe key gender-related terms;
- Distinguish between different conceptualizations of gender;
- Identify sources of gender inequality in their environment.
At the successful completion of the course participants will be awarded with a badge.
Secondary audience: The course is geared towards anyone who wishes to garner a baggage of basic knowledge to then pursue more advanced courses in conflictology, notably UNITAR’s master degree in Conflictology.
- Platform: Windows 95, 98, 2000, NT, ME, XP, Vista, 7, 8 or superior; MacOS 9 or MacOS X; Linux
- Hardware: 64 MB of RAM, 1 GB of free disk space
- Adobe Acrobat Reader (click here to download for free)
- Adobe Flash Player: (10.3 or later, and one of the following browsers - Windows: Internet Explorer 8 and later, Microsoft Edge (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version) Mac: Safari 7 and later, Google Chrome (latest version))
- HTML5: Windows: Google Chrome (latest version), Mac: Safari 7 and later, Google Chrome (latest version), Mobile:Safari in Apple iOS 7 and later, Google Chrome (latest version) in Android OS 4.1 and later
- Browser: Internet Explorer 7 or higher (click here to download for free); it works better with Firefox 3.6 or higher (click here to download for free)
- Modem: 56 K