Since November 2020, the Global Foundation for the Performing Arts (GFPA) has established a mutually beneficial partnership with UNITAR. Last year, the two entities presented the annual conference: “The Sustainable Development of Classical Music - Securing the Future of Performance”. This year, the collaboration continues. In March, GFPA is launching a two-day, two-session webinar series to discuss topics directly related to Education (SDG4), Gender Equality (SDG5), Economic growth and employment (SDG8), Sustainable Communities (SDG11) and Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions (SDG16).
The United Nations has declared 2021 as the “International Year of Creative Economy for Sustainable Development”. The creative economy is expansive, and its actors are diverse. Artists will be essential for "building back better" after the COVID-19 crisis with new forms of creativity, presentation and models to advance our society.
"Leaving No One Behind: Validating ALL Voices of Culture”, is an opportunity to discuss and learn from a range of artists and leaders in the sector. The COVID emergency has allowed us to re-think every aspect of our lives and has provided a rare opportunity to adjust our practices to “Build Back Better”.
Panellists, artists, and leaders from a wide range of related communities will present their experience and expectations on how to advance cultural diversity and gender equalities following a time of reflection and pause in the cultural sector.
Please find organization's information here: https://gfpa.ngo
This Webinar recognizes and advances the importance of artists and cultural education. GFPA has invited members of its international network to highlight the contribution of cultural diversity in a post-COVID reality.
Diversity can take many forms - diversity of representation, diversity of creative content, diversity of background and education, diversity of format, communication and expression.
Event time: 09:30 am - 11:30 am (EST)
- Hanna ARIE-GAIFMAN, Director Emerita, Tisch Center for the Arts, 92Y
- Miren BENGOA, Former Executive Director, Fondation CHANEL
- Lydia CONNOLLY, Director, Head of Artist Management, HarrisonParrott
- Karendra DEVROOP, Professor of Music and Director Unisa Music, Foundation, UNISA
- Alison FRIEDMAN, Artistic Director, Performing Arts, West Kowloon Cultural District Authority
- Andrea KALYN, President, New England Conservatory
- Alfons KARABUDA, President, International Music Council
- Rūta PRUSEVICIENE, General Director of the National Philharmonic Society of Lithuania, Director of Vilnius Festival
- Emma SUTTON-WILLIAMS, multi-hyphenate performer, writer, and social media guru
- Rebecca TONG, Resident Conductor, Jakarta Simfonia Orchestra
Moderators and Hosts:
- Marco SUAZO, Ambassador, Head of Office, UNITAR
- Benjamin WOODROFFE, President, Global Foundation for the Performing Arts