The Project Capacity Development for Adaptation to Climate Change & GHG Mitigation in Non -Annex I Countries (C3D+) seeks to improve the capacity of research and training institutions in developing countries to support climate change adaptation and mitigation action.
The Project brings together nine organizations located in developing countries from Africa, Asia, Europe, the Pacific and the Caribbean, to collectively form a knowledge and capacity development network, where each centre contributes its specialized experience to develop and apply tools and methodologies to support decision-making for climate change adaptation and mitigation.
The Annual Meeting brings together the C3D+ partner organizations to discuss the project results and achievements, as well as plan for future activities. Furthermore the meeting provides a networking opportunity for the organizations to identify opportunities for knowledge sharing and collaboration.
The C3D+ Project activities are financed by the European Commission, The Austrian Development Agency and the Swiss Federal Office for the Environment.
The nine C3D+ Partners include:
- Caribbean Community Climate Change Centre (CCCCC)
- Centre for International Forestry Research (CIFOR)
- Climate Systems Analysis Group - University of Cape Town (CSAG-UCT)
- Energy Research Centre - University of Cape Town (ERC-UCT)
- Environnement et Développement du Tiers Monde (ENDA-TM)
- Munasinghe Institute for Development (MIND)
- International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD)
- South Pacific Regional Environment Programme (SPREP)
- Stockholm Environment Institute (SEI)