Given the complexity and number of processes that will contribute to the development of the Post-2015 Development Agenda, United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) is organizing a series of interactive technical briefings for members of delegations and other government officials at the United Nations in New York, and later in Geneva. The overall objective of the briefings is to strengthen knowledge for evidence-based decision making in the formulation of the Post-2015 Development Agenda to be agreed by Member States in September 2015.
The series will feature around 15 different sessions, and will
- Assist participants to access the most up-to-date and essential information coming from the numerous processes that will contribute to the Post-2015 agenda, and key outcomes of ongoing Member States’ discussions in various fora, as well as allowing newly arrived delegates to ‘catch up’;
- Provide a dynamic and interactive space where delegates can exchange views on the Post-2015 development agenda and have a more in-depth discussion, as needed.
Thinking about partnerships
Globalization and the partnership imperative
The partners: civil society and the private sector
The UN and multi-stakeholder partnerships
- Mr. Bruce Jenks, Adjunct Professor at the Columbia University School of International and Public Affairs, and former UN Assistant Secretary-General and Director of the Bureau for Resources and Strategic Partnerships, UNDP
- Mr. Sahba Sobhani, Acting Programme Manager, Business Call to Action, and Programme Manager, Growing Inclusive Markets Initiative, UNDP New York
- Mr. Nikhil Chandavarkar, Chief of Communication and Outreach, Division for Sustainable Development, UN-DESA
Members of Delegations and other government representatives at the United Nations who would like to improve their knowledge of and access to the most-up-to-date information of the intergovernmental process.
The event is free and open to the delegates to the United Nations, however online or onsite registration is required.
- Online registration: www.unitar.org/event/new-york
- Onsite registration: from 9:30 on 30 May 2014 in the Conference Room B (CB), United Nations Headquarters in New York
- For more information: www.unitar.org/post2015briefing