Many professionals experience fear and dread when asked to speak in public. But what if your capacity to speak in public were perceived by your colleagues not as a weakness, but as one of your core strengths?
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify and formulate succinctly the core message they need to deliver;
- Structure their presentation such that this message makes maximum and persuasive impact;
- Deliver their message as a compelling speaker who speaks to the hearts and minds of the particular audience.
Most audiences remember particular public-speakers at, let’s say, a conference, not because of the superiority of the content of their speech, but because the speaker appears to possess charisma, confidence or charm. However, contrary to popular belief, public-speaking is not a skill that some people are simply born with, and that others can never hope to possess.
- powerful voice-projection and variation
- culturally-sensitive eye-contact and confident body-language
- the appropriate use of humour and anecdotes, images and analogies
- the delivery of a concise but powerful message custom-made for your specific audience
- a speaking performance that gives the impression of spontaneity, and therefore, of authenticity.
Contrary to the notion that gifted public-speakers are simply born, our trainers identify and improve the particular areas you need to improve on, to give the impression of spontaneity and confidence. Drawing on the latest modern techniques in the ancient art of rhetoric (the skill of oration and persuasion), our trainers provide you with feedback enabling you to make immediate adjustments and improvements during the course at a behavioural - rather than simply at a theoretical - level. Throughout the workshop, your voice-projection, your gestures and body-language, your presence before the group, your powers of persuasion will all be refined so that your presentations deliver a powerful message that moves your audience to act.
This workshop is open to members of Permanent Missions and delegates of Ministries of Foreign Affairs and other government officials, representatives of international, intergovernmental, and non-governmental organisations. Senior managers from the private sector are equally invited to benefit from this unique workshop.
The workshop will take place from 09:00-12:30 and 13:30-17:00, at the International Environment House (IEH), Chemin des Anémones 11-13, 1219 Châtelaine. The workshop will be conducted in English.