Energy is the golden thread that connects economic growth, increases social equity and an environment that allows the world to thrive. Development is not possible without energy and sustainable development is not possible without sustainable energy.
This online event aims to give an overview of renewable energy as a means to enable sustainable development at a global scale. It will present the case for how renewable energies represent both an environmental necessity and an economic opportunity.
Join us and international stakeholder of the field for this important discussion and webinar.
This virtual roundtable aims to bring together international experts to discuss lessons learned about responding to the COVID-19 pandemic and building back better.
At the end of this virtual roundtable, participants will be able to:
- Determine how renewable energy technologies can help to drive sustainable development
- Explain the benefits and drawbacks associated with a range of sustainable technologies and how they may be integrated
The virtual roundtable consists of a 1.5-hour panel dicussion covering the following topics:
- Introduction to renewable energy
- Renewable Energy and Climate Change, recent work and innovations
- Renewable Energy and healthcare in Malawi
Participation is open to government officials, diplomats, staff of international organizations, development practitioners, faculty members, and administrators of educational institutions and anyone who is interested in the discussed topics.