The seminar series aims to:
· provide delegates with a better understanding of the structure and elements of social protection floors
· increase awareness for the need and the benefits of national floors of social protection
· understand the importance of promoting social protection floors in the multilateral system
At the end of the seminar series the delegates will:
· have gained substantial knowledge on the elements of social protection floors,
· be able to understand the effects of social protection on economic and social development,
· understand the ILO recommendation 202 on national floors of social protection,
· have acquired knowledge on how to promote the social protection floor approach in the multilateral system.
Specifically, this third and final instalment in the ILO-UNITAR training series on advancing Social Protection Floors (SPFs) will focus on the real-world implementation and sustainment of national SPFs. It will highlight the individual and diverse experience of countries that have undertaken efforts to implement components of SPFs, and include testimony from the very experts whose work led to their realization. There is a broad range of experience to be learned from countries with differing levels of industrialization, development and social protection policies. It will present the ways in which some countries are succeeding to reach the most vulnerable and help realize the right to social protection, while building sustainable systems designed to weather an uncertain economic and financial future.